Thursday 2 February 2012

Discovery of the Atomic Nucleus

Here are two videos from a series of 15 videos created by the Science and Technology Facilities Council. Their YouTube site is full of useful videos that help explain many scientific concepts and ideas. These two videos take a look at the experiments Thomson and Rutherford used to discover their famous findings.

Video 2 of 15 - The Discovery of the Electron

Video 3 of 15 - The Discovery of the Atomic Nucleus

If the story interests you there are a 15 videos that deal with the idea of particle physics. It interests me that the history of Atomic Theory is relevant in both physics and chemistry. I am glad that I picked a topic that can be used in two subjects that I am not as familiar with. All science is connected and I have begun to see more of these connections through this learning process. Now it is time to move on to the Periodic Table of Elements. 


No comments:

Post a Comment